Tips for Creating Your Email

Formatting Your Email

It’s absolutely critical that you format your emails to 65 characters or less per line (I
prefer 60 or less). You see, everyone’s email programs are different so that’s why
sometimes you’ll see emails you receive look all screwy like this:

Blah, blah, blah, blah,
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
Blah,
Blah, blah, blah…
.


That’s a dead giveaway that you don’t know what you’re doing.


So the secret is to make your messages 65 characters or less and use a hard return (that
means hit the ‘Enter’ key when you get to 65 characters). I will create my messages using
MS Word for spell checking and so I can get a word count.


Also, use a fixed width font like Courier New at 10 point when writing.


Then after I’ve edited the email several times I’ll save that file as .TXT file (it’s one of
the options under FileSave As)
.


Then I will open up that .TXT file (text only) and set up a guide to use so I know where
65 character occurs. A text only file will open in your default text-editing program
something like WordPad or NotePad.

No comments: